New Delhi, Okhla, Jan. 27, 2019: The Salesian Family Day of New Delhi Province was held in the Provincial House on 27th January 2019.
Fr. Maria Arokiadass presented the Strenna of Rector Major Fr. Angel Fernandez – ‘Holiness for You Too.’ (Jon 15:11: “So that my joy may be in you.”
Fr. Naresh Kujur, the Vice-Provincial welcomed the speaker and the Salesian Family members.
The presentation focused the theme and deepened the scriptural text for all the members present there. Some of the important pointers to Holiness were as follows:
- Deepening prayer life.
- Doing ordinary things in an extraordinary way.
- Holiness does not have holidays
- It is an ongoing process and unique.
- Being witness, bearers of God’s love.
- Living a life based on beatitudes.
- To listen to the word of God.
- To father around the Eucharistic table.
- To do the duties to the best of your abilities.
- Always in union with God.
- Facing the challenges of life with joy and leading a life pleasing to God.
- Focus on the goals, not the means.
- Christian life calls us to be saints and not to settle for a bland and mediocre existence.
- In communion within and with our brethren and sisters.
- Fullness of being human mad perfect by grace.
- It is the responsibility of responding to a great gift.
Mary of Nazareth, a unique light on the path of Holiness as a role model saying ‘let it be to me according to thy word.’(Luke 1: 38) and “Here I am” showing full and total availability to the will of God.
In the end Fr. Naresh led the discussion and many members participated with their valuable perceptions about Holiness: What does it mean – Holiness also for you.
Pope Francis reminds us of the need for inner strength in order to persevere and doing good constantly. To bloom wherever you are planted – ‘save souls for God.’ The commitment and sharing brought cheer and warmth and the participants were filled with new zeal and joy of journeying with Salesians in the world and committing themselves to be the bearers of God’s love to the young.