Ranchi, Kokar, March 28, 2018: Fr. Jyotish Kindo, the principal of Don Bosco School Kokar organized a seminar for teachers on class room management on 28th March. Ms. Rashmi Mantri, is a practicing rehabilitation professional and special educator registered under the Rehabilitation Council of India. She is the Head of Department, Inclusive Education unit at Apeejay Schools Kolkata (CBSE). She has 11 years of experience in teaching, both as a mainstream teacher and as a special educator. She is also practicing at Anubhav Positive Psychology Clinic as a special educator. She is a certified graphologist. Has been a resource person appointed by CBSE for various CBSE organized Capacity Building Teacher Training Workshops. She has been an active member of the CBSE Inclusive Education Unit, working on creating Teacher’s Training Manual. She has been awarded commendation for her action research titled “Reading for Life” in the Global Teacher Accreditation programme conducted by Cambridge Education under British Council.
- Has presented research paper in the National Conference on Rights of persons with disability.
- Received the CBSE Award to Teachers, for her outstanding contribution in the social inclusion of students with special needs, on the occasion of National Education Day, 2014.
- Has conducted Teacher Training workshops in CBSE and ICSE schools on Inclusive Education and Classroom Management.
- Has received outstanding performer award for her overall contribution towards RCI sponsored programme on ‘Research Methodology in Special Education and rehabilitation.
- Has conducted motivational workshops for TCS and POSCO.
- Deeply committed to the cause of Child Rights. Has been working for their betterment and encouraging schools to be inclusive and sensitive to the needs of the differently-abled children
- Is actively contributing her expertise as an advisory committee member of NGO’s ‘working with the individuals with special needs.
Modules for conducting workshops
- Classroom management skills
- Inclusive education and inclusive practices
- Strategies to enhance teacher motivation and effective pedagogical practices.
- Specific learning disabilities- (Dyslexia, Dysgraphia and Dyscalculia)
- Awareness and management of Autism Spectrum Disorder
- Parent Orientation workshops
- Educational intervention for children with special needs in regular mainstream schools
- Self-management skills for students
- Sensitization workshops on School safety and POCSO
10. Reading and writing readiness techniques for managing learning disability